About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager (f/m/d) to fuel the adoption of Contentful by global brands and digital enterprises. In this role, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch growth-marketing initiatives, create collateral, dig into customer and marketing data, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You are expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and work across departments and timezones.
This role in particular will focus on driving new product-led-growth (PLG) initiatives, as Contentful invests part of our new $175m round of funding into accelerating our self-service offerings (the Team and Community editions). You will help drive our revenue funnel, working closely with a cross-functional group including our Product Growth team, Demand Generation team, Sales Development team, and Customer Experience team
What to expect?
- Support the cross-functional Growth team by researching and documenting typical customer use cases, defining and understanding target buyer profiles, and evaluating funnel metrics
- Influence the strategy and drive funnel optimizations through product-led-growth initiatives
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate high-impact features releases
- Research key market and product data, conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments, their specific needs, and lifecycle stages
- Research the market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning strategy
- Deliver our value proposition and product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including specific roles as a Product Marketer, but also can include working alongside a PMM team in related roles: growth, customer marketing, content marketing, B2B direct marketing/demand gen, sales enablement, etc. You have an established Product Marketing playbook to bring along.
- A successful track record of helping drive product-led-growth initiatives and experiments for a self-service SaaS product, working with a cross-functional combination of Demand Gen teams, Product Growth teams, Sales Development teams, and/or Product Advocacy teams.
- Experience using, building, marketing, or selling the modern API stack to developer audiences — for example Twilio, Stripe, Sendgrid, Segment, Algolia, etc.: https://www.forbes.com/sites/patricksalyer/2021/05/04/api-stack-the-billion-dollar-opportunities-redefining-infrastructure-services--platforms/
- A (near) native level of English, as we sell a majority of our software in North America.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely.
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend).
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.