About the opportunity
Contentful is deeply curious about our Customer’s pain points and goals. We’re looking for an experienced researcher who can help our teams to continue to build exactly the right solutions for our customers. This position will report to the Director Research and be responsible for leading UX research initiatives supporting a variety of product development teams, by bringing and organizing knowledge in alignment with our product strategy.
Contentful is a customer-centric product company that’s passionate and opinionated about content management and delivery within digital teams. Help us understand our customers even better as we grow by nurturing insights about our customers!
What to expect?
- Lead UX research initiatives by translating product objectives into purposeful research approaches, conducting interviews, workshops and analyse data from a variety of sources, to optimize how we capture the right level of understanding about customer problems
- Synthesis relevant research insights and collaborate with teams to make them actionable and influence the decisions made on product initiatives
- Support a common research practice by implementing and improving our research processes and work closely with your research ops to create a smooth and efficient research experience for our participants
- Partner with Design Managers and Product Managers to achieve Contentful goals
- Be responsible for multiple work streams
- Communicate openly and frequently to teammates and managers
- This role requires being in the office 1 day(s) per week
What you need to be successful?
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing qualitative research and establishing a research repo and insight process.
- Strong analytical thinking, managing complexity, and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, with a creative and fresh approach to understanding and disseminating insights.
- Experience working concurrently with the product department
- Deep understanding of research practices and disciplines
- Demonstrated analytical, data mining and reporting skills
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.