About the opportunity
The Regional Sales Directors (f/m/d) manages and motivates a team of Account Executives (AEs) to achieve individual sales quotas where targets will be prospects within an assigned geographic territory, or by selling Contentful's platform within existing accounts.
This sales leader will measure, monitor, and hold AEs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also required to assist in making account calls with AEs, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain Contentful's value within accounts as well as deliver and coach sales demos via Zoom Meeting tool (or in person).This leader will mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They will also be responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts and delivering on quota.
This leader will mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They will also be responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts and delivering on quota.
What to expect?
- Recruit, hire, train new team members for the DACH Market
- Contribute to the regional strategy with metrics, observations and market research
- Create processes, set best practices and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Support team members in customer meetings and pitches
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and wider team
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive cross-functionally collaboration with Marketing, Recruitment, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of management experience of a sales team
- 3+ years of direct sales (closing) experience of complex SaaS solutions within the DACH region
- Experience growing and scaling a high performing diverse sales team in a fast-growth environment
- You’re data-driven and have an analytical approach to identifying trends in pipeline and performance
- You’re a highly effective and empathetic communicator
- You are a confident leader with previous executive customer exposure
- Ability to analyse data, extract and present information, market data and produce concise business documents and initiatives
- Proven DACH market experience and native-level German skills and fluent level English. Any additional European language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
- Experience working with Salesforce and common office suites
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.