About the opportunity
As a Developer Advocate (f/m/d) at Contentful, your main responsibility is to grow, build and support our developer community. You will create example projects, learn and teach modern web technologies while inspiring, empowering and connecting with developers around the world.
What to expect?
- Building a sense of community and belonging by supporting and getting to know developers using Contentful wherever they are
- Freedom and flexibility to choose technical topics and projects to work on. You know best how to serve a developer community.
- Creating content on various channels (the Contentful Blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that teaches technical concepts to equip developers with knowledge of tools and techniques that makes them better at their craft.
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
What you need to be successful?
- You have the experience, patience and empathy to teach developers about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video.
- You are an active member of a developer community.
- You are passionate about technology and can't get enough of trying out new things to share them with others.
- You have experience giving technical talks within an organization, at meetups, or at events.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision, and are capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- You embrace asynchronous online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your audience are successful.
- Once the Covid-19 situation resolves: you're happy to travel regularly, are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences, and other developer events.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/