About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Web Developer (f/m/d) to join our cross-disciplinary Website Team.
Our marketing website is our primary communication channel, lead engine, knowledge base, partner management tool and brand image asset. As we grew, our website transformed into a complex digital product with high requirements on functionality and user experience.
You will work within a cross-functional team alongside a Product Owner, two Designers, and two other Developers to build out our website and related properties. We’re looking for someone to bring hands-on technical skills and a solid grasp on best ways to build and maintain a complex website spanning multiple technologies.
What to expect?
- Cross-functional collaboration with designers and other developers to bring the team’s ideas to life.
- It’s all about teamwork and team goals — going beyond our own team and across departments: Striving together with other Marketing teams as well as Product, and Data.
- Support and execute the technical side of team projects, big and small. You'll be working on our website’s technical architecture and coding beautiful micro-interactions along the conversion path. You’ll be contributing directly to the website code and to our living style guide.
- An approach that is both strategic and pragmatic. We seek to deliver the most value with the least amount of overhead, prioritizing quick impact-making and learning over perfection. Mistakes are allowed – we’re all in this to learn and grow together.
- Moving fast and working iteratively to deliver value (and get real user feedback) as quickly as possible.
- Opportunity for growth. We expect you to be actively looking for opportunities to improve professionally and to want qualitative and quantitative feedback on your finished work.
- An exciting team whose projects have a measurable impact on the company’s bottom line!
What you need to be successful
- Strong experience in Front-End development, preferably working on customer-facing projects (marketing context is a plus, but not essential).
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience using static site generators (e.g., Gatsby, Next.js) to get projects off the ground (we use Gatsby for our website).
- You have agile experience (or are not afraid to gain some) and want to contribute to improving our team’s processes even further.
- BONUS: Have an interest or past experience with anything like automated testing, A/B testing, accessibility, serverless architecture, or something else that we might think is cool? Set yourself apart by telling us all about it!
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! Virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/