About the opportunity
As a Product Designer (f/m/d), you will work with a cross-functional team to discover, define and deliver solutions that help our customers orchestrate the publication of their content. You’ll own the end-to-end user experience of one of our applications.
If you have a passion for problem solving, systems design and UI design alike, this role may be a good fit. You should be comfortable navigating technical complexity and know how to make evidence-based tradeoffs. You should be adept in facilitating user testing sessions and team workshops, and have experience working with design systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
Alongside a product and an engineering manager you’ll support your product development team during discovery, solutioning, delivery, and iteration.
- Partner with a product manager in identifying and defining the most impactful problems to solve
- Partner with UX researchers and data analysts to understand the problem space.
- Facilitate team workshops and align the team on the context of the problem to be solved.
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Create prototypes (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct user testing
- Support the team with concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Pair with engineers to identify technical solutions
- Take a proactive role in ensuring quality of output.
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Pair with data engineers and PMs to interpret performance data
- Manage design debt
What you need to be successful?
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Proven ability to create alignment on cross-team product challenges
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Strong communication skills and confidence in communicating with company leadership
- Proficiency in meeting and workshop facilitation
- Experience working with design systems and strong knowledge of interaction patterns
- Experience in running user research and testing activities
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.