About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Senior Design Director (f/m/d) who can help scale up Contentful in its next stage of growth, set the long term strategy across all facets of experience (user, research and content) for the next 3 years. As a Senior Design Director, you will lead and inspire a high-performing team of product designers, content writers and researchers while also working with your product manager and engineering counterparts. You should possess strong design, communication and leadership skills and have a proven track record of building excellence, quality and process in the discipline. The ideal candidate will have strong people management skills, organisational design experience, as well as an accomplished systems, interaction, and UX design credentials. The Contentful Product Design culture emphasizes elevating design quality and efficacy in an evidence-based product culture, and our new Design Director should help us make progress in that ongoing evolution.
What to expect?
- Support design managers to scale the design practice during our scale-up growth phase
- Attract and retain a diverse team of highly talented design leaders with a well-balanced range across purposefully chosen skill sets.
- Evolve a thriving culture where designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of belonging.
- Drive design vision
- Partner closely with senior leadership in developing a winning strategy to achieve our mission
- Foster collaboration and understanding across the company
- Help to create alignment with product and engineering on priorities leading to product design and execution
- Partner closely with a world-class team of product managers, designers, engineers, user experience researchers, and data analysts to deliver high quality experiences for different user persona and product tiers.
- Set quality standards and implement process improvements to support them
What you need to be successful?
- 12+ years of total design experience,
- 6+ years of those leading direct reports
- Significant experience in leading multiple teams and initiatives simultaneously
- A track record of conceptualizing and shipping successful SaaS products
- The ability to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues
- An informed set of design principles from shipping and learning throughout your career, and a demonstrated ability to operate from a first-principles perspective
- A deep understanding of human-centered design practices, how to leverage product design to solve complex business problems, and digital product development (consumer research, engineering, and data)
- Senior people management, team development, recruiting and org building experience
- Experience building relationships with leadership across the organization (with marketing, sales, customer experience, etc.), and comfortable influencing strategic decisions
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely.
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend).
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1