About the opportunity
As a Customer Advocacy Manager for Contentful, you will help build and deliver a winning customer marketing program that builds on and showcases the successes of our customers to enhance our brand and competitiveness in the market and the brands of our customers.
The successful candidate, reporting to the global customer marketing manager, will contribute to strategies, processes, and activities that drive value for our business and our customers, in the EMEA region and globally as needed. Outcomes for us include a reliable, high-value supply of referenceable customer stories, testimonials, speakers, and narratives for marketing, PR, and sales enablement. Partnering with marketing communications, customer success, sales and field marketing, you will work to transform valuable customer milestones and points of view into strong narratives and relationships, ultimately driving retention, advocacy, and growth.
What to expect?
- As part of the Customer Advocacy team, you will help design and develop world-class customer advocacy and peer review program at Contentful
- You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to identify customers who are willing to share their stories to help other businesses like them
- You will support the creation and distribution of marketing assets, including customer case studies; story slides for sales, webinars, customer speaking opportunities, video testimonials, social media content and more
- Oversee the tactical and editorial process of case study creation, and ensure alignment of those case studies to Contentful’s value propositions.
- Manage customer interactions, including customer events, customer advisory boards, user groups and executive roundtables.
- Build and execute programs to drive community, success, and advocacy within our existing customer base
- Perform customer account outreach and discovery to build out knowledge of customer use cases, implementation status, adoption and usage
- Work cross-functionally to recruit, activate and develop customer advocates
What you need to be successful?
- 3-5 years previous B2B marketing experience with at least two years in a customer marketing role (preferably in SaaS or other high-growth technology company environment)
- Proven customer-centric orientation; the ability to build and maintain effective customer relationships, ensuring that they have the customer stories they need to market and sell
- Passion for building a world class program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and exercise a high degree of initiative
- The ability to collaborate and influence dynamically across the company
- Knowledge of buyer and customer personas and how customer advocacy supports marketing and selling
- Excellent project management, writing and communication skills
- Specific experience working with peer review sites and communities like G2, Gartner Peer Insights, etc.
- Previous brand, sales or PR experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of the German and/or French language is a plus.
- Ability to travel within Europe is required; some trans-atlantic travel may occur.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.