About the opportunity
As a Customer Advocacy Manager for Contentful, you will help build and deliver a winning customer marketing program that builds on and showcases the successes of our customers to enhance our brand and competitiveness in the market and the brands of our customers.
The successful candidate, reporting to the global customer marketing manager, will contribute to strategies, processes, and activities that drive value for our business and our customers, in the EMEA region and globally as needed. Outcomes for us include a reliable, high-value supply of referenceable customer stories, testimonials, speakers, and narratives for marketing, PR, and sales enablement. Partnering with marketing communications, customer success, sales and field marketing, you will work to transform valuable customer milestones and points of view into strong narratives and relationships, ultimately driving retention, advocacy, and growth.
What to expect?
- As part of the Customer Advocacy team, you will help design and develop world-class customer advocacy and peer review program at Contentful
- You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to identify customers who are willing to share their stories to help other businesses like them
- You will support the creation and distribution of marketing assets, including customer case studies; story slides for sales, webinars, customer speaking opportunities, video testimonials, social media content and more
- Oversee the tactical and editorial process of case study creation, and ensure alignment of those case studies to Contentful’s value propositions.
- Manage customer interactions, including customer events, customer advisory boards, user groups and executive roundtables.
- Build and execute programs to drive community, success, and advocacy within our existing customer base
- Perform customer account outreach and discovery to build out knowledge of customer use cases, implementation status, adoption and usage
- Work cross-functionally to recruit, activate and develop customer advocates
What you need to be successful?
- 3-5 years previous B2B marketing experience with at least two years in a customer marketing role (preferably in SaaS or other high-growth technology company environment)
- Proven customer-centric orientation; the ability to build and maintain effective customer relationships, ensuring that they have the customer stories they need to market and sell
- Passion for building a world class program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and exercise a high degree of initiative
- The ability to collaborate and influence dynamically across the company
- Knowledge of buyer and customer personas and how customer advocacy supports marketing and selling
- Excellent project management, writing and communication skills
- Specific experience working with peer review sites and communities like G2, Gartner Peer Insights, etc.
- Previous brand, sales or PR experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of the German and/or French language is a plus.
- Ability to travel within Europe is required; some trans-atlantic travel may occur.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/