About the opportunity
As a Demo Engineer at Contentful you will develop and maintain a suite of demo assets showcasing the value of Contentful and supporting popular customer use cases. It’s a hands-on position requiring creative thinking and offering a chance to work with a wide range of modern technologies. The Product Marketing demo team collaborates closely with Sales, Product, Engineering and Partnership teams to develop demo environments. Demo assets developed by the team play a key role in enabling an effective sales motion as well as educating potential and current Contentful users.
What to expect?
- Be a part of an agile development team with a high impact across the organization
- Build sites, apps, and digital solutions that highlight the value of the Contentful platform in powering a new generation of digital products
- Suport popular customer use cases and enable integrations with leading cloud vendors and third-party tools
- Manage and evolve the Contentful demo environments and applications which include:
- Working with dynamic stacks (React, Next.js), web and non-web delivery channels (voice interfaces, chatbots, digital signage, etc.)
- Using and contributing to open-source design systems and in-house component libraries
- Learning how to define, evolve, and migrate content models to match different use cases and demo scenarios
- Scripting repetitive tasks and managing technical provisioning of the demo assets
- Building apps with Contentful App Framework to address specific customer needs or integrate with other cloud vendors to demo customer solutions
- Identifying high-value technical problems and prototyping quick solutions to address them
- Become an expert in Contentful’s platform: APIs, CLI, web app, App Framework, etc.
- Learn Contentful best practices like: CMS as Code, Topics and Assemblies, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering, Developer Relations, Solutions Architecture, and Product Marketing to create polished demo sites and apps, which they can share with prospects, customers, and partners
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Design to implement new Contentful features in demo environments
- Learn about our ecosystem of tech partners and the architecture of how Contentful integrates with them (e.g. Vercel, Algolia, Commercetools, Bynder)
- Coach junior engineers and act as a tech lead for internal projects and external integrations
- Increase demo productivity (e.g. for Sales Engineers) by reducing the time required to configure new custom demos, finding opportunities for automation, and creating new tools.
What you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of software development experience and/or systems engineering experience
- Solid understanding of frontend technologies (TypeScript, HTML, CSS)
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with the modern frontend frameworks (one of React, Vue, Svelte etc. - we use React)
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and cloud native technology
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between delivery time and quality
- Excellent time management and self-organization skills
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- Proactive attitude and ability to master new topics quickly
- Innate curiosity and ability to empathize with business users
- Experience with technology sales and/or track record of shipping personal projects is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $118,000-$123,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.