About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager to help disrupt the legacy CMS industry, as we enter an ambitious new growth phase fueled by our recent $175 million funding.
This role is focused on our Apps product line, which builds new editorial experiences and other tools for business users to create and orchestrate content. You will help drive measurable business impact at the P&L level, by working closely with core Product and BizOps teams, as well as our broader GTM teams.
To accomplish this, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch products, create collateral, research the market, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You will be expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and work across departments and timezones.
What to expect?
- Help define and hit annual revenue goals with our Apps product line
- Help create pricing and packaging for a new product line — and help monetize new jobs-to-be-done on top of our content platform
- Become an expert in the needs and aspirations of our business users: content creators, campaign managers, translators, merchandisers, customer support reps, etc.
- Coordinate initiatives across a cross-functional team including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Experience departments
- Define go-to-market strategies and product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and lead high-impact feature releases that drive adoption and revenue
- Research market trends and conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments — to inform what we build, and how we position and sell it
- Follow market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning
- Deliver our value proposition and collaborate on product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Marketer, or working closely with a PMM team in related roles: product management, direct marketing/demand gen, customer marketing, partner marketing, etc. You need to be able to demonstrate a well-established Product Marketing playbook.
- Experience finding new areas of product-market fit, then bringing brand new products to market — you have an entrepreneurial spirit (and ideally a track record to prove it)
- Experience building, marketing, or selling B2B software that drives team collaboration and powers digital customer experiences — used by content creators across marketing, commerce, customer support, and beyond (note that we have parallel open PMM roles for candidates who have a background in products for developers, or products for platform owners).
- Experience working for a company that is a few years ahead of Contentful’s rapid growth curve, to help guide us to where we are going (i.e. publicly traded for a few years, or a bigger private company).
- A successful and referenceable track record of helping drive product adoption and revenue for a SaaS software product.
- A (near) native level of English, as we sell a majority of our software in North America.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!