About the opportunity
As a Demo Engineer at Contentful you will develop and maintain a suite of demo assets showcasing the value of Contentful and supporting popular customer use cases. It’s a hands-on position requiring creative thinking and offering a chance to work with a wide range of modern technologies. The Product Marketing demo team collaborates closely with Sales, Product, Engineering and Partnership teams to develop demo environments. Demo assets developed by the team play a key role in enabling an effective sales motion as well as educating potential and current Contentful users.
What to expect?
- Be a part of an agile development team with a high impact across the organization
- Build sites, apps, and digital solutions that highlight the value of the Contentful platform in powering a new generation of digital products
- Suport popular customer use cases and enable integrations with leading cloud vendors and third-party tools
- Manage and evolve the Contentful demo environments and applications which include:
- Working with dynamic stacks (React, Next.js), web and non-web delivery channels (voice interfaces, chatbots, digital signage, etc.)
- Using and contributing to open-source design systems and in-house component libraries
- Learning how to define, evolve, and migrate content models to match different use cases and demo scenarios
- Scripting repetitive tasks and managing technical provisioning of the demo assets
- Building apps with Contentful App Framework to address specific customer needs or integrate with other cloud vendors to demo customer solutions
- Identifying high-value technical problems and prototyping quick solutions to address them
- Become an expert in Contentful’s platform: APIs, CLI, web app, App Framework, etc.
- Learn Contentful best practices like: CMS as Code, Topics and Assemblies, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering, Developer Relations, Solutions Architecture, and Product Marketing to create polished demo sites and apps, which they can share with prospects, customers, and partners
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Design to implement new Contentful features in demo environments
- Learn about our ecosystem of tech partners and the architecture of how Contentful integrates with them (e.g. Vercel, Algolia, Commercetools, Bynder)
- Coach junior engineers and act as a tech lead for internal projects and external integrations
- Increase demo productivity (e.g. for Sales Engineers) by reducing the time required to configure new custom demos, finding opportunities for automation, and creating new tools.
What you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of software development experience and/or systems engineering experience
- Solid understanding of frontend technologies (TypeScript, HTML, CSS)
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with the modern frontend frameworks (one of React, Vue, Svelte etc. - we use React)
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and cloud native technology
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between delivery time and quality
- Excellent time management and self-organization skills
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- Proactive attitude and ability to master new topics quickly
- Innate curiosity and ability to empathize with business users
- Experience with technology sales and/or track record of shipping personal projects is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!