About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Developer Ecosystem (f/m/d) to help disrupt the legacy CMS industry, as we enter an ambitious new growth phase fueled by our recent $175 million funding.
This role is focused on our Developer Ecosystem product line, which builds our developer tools and app marketplace. You will help drive measurable business impact at the P&L level, by working closely with core Product and BizOps teams, as well as our Developer Relations team and broader GTM teams.
To accomplish this, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch products, create collateral, research the market, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You will be expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and work across departments and timezones.
What to expect?
- Help define and hit annual revenue goals with our Developer Ecosystem product line
- Become an expert in the needs and aspirations of developers in our community of customers, agencies, and technical partners
- Coordinate initiatives across a cross-functional team including Product, Engineering, DevRel, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Experience departments
- Define go-to-market strategies and product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and lead high-impact feature releases that drive adoption and revenue
- Research market trends and conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments — to inform what we build, and how we position and sell it
- Help create or evolve pricing and packaging for features in the product line
- Follow market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning
- Deliver our value proposition and collaborate on product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Marketer, or working closely with a PMM team in related market-facing technical roles: product management, developer relations, solution/sales engineering, etc. You need to be able to demonstrate a well-established Product Marketing playbook with high technical fluency.
- Experience building, marketing, or selling cloud-based developer tools (note that we have parallel open PMM roles for candidates who have a background in products for business users, or products for platform owners).
- Experience working for a company that is a few years ahead of Contentful’s rapid growth curve, to help guide us to where we are going (i.e. publicly traded for a few years, or a bigger private company).
- A successful and referenceable track record of helping drive product adoption and revenue for a SaaS software product
- A (near) native level of English, as we sell a majority of our software in North America.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/