About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security. Our IT Security team supports corporate-wide information security management programs and collaborates closely with internal teams. We believe that IT Security must be anchored by DevOps principles with strong repeatable processes.
We are looking for a committed and driven Senior Security Engineer with experience integrating and automating disparate systems into a cohesive and comprehensive workflow. As the Senior Security Engineer, you will partner with the Director of IT Security to establish foundational security programs and services. As well as thinking strategically, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining vendor purchased and custom built solutions to meet security requirements.
You will be expected to work independently, work as a part of a team, and partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure comprehensive risk mitigation while reducing impact to end users throughout the organization.
What to expect?
- Define, deliver, and support strategic planning for implementation of IT security services and programs to support a rapidly growing organization.
- Develop custom utilities, frameworks, and automation pipelines to support a DevOps centric approach to IT Security processes and technology.
- Implement a robust system to capture live and continuous metrics, ensuring that all aspects of the IT Security program are measurable and data driven.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define comprehensive functional, reporting, and compliance requirements for security tools and solutions.
- Evaluate vendor security tools and solutions to provide purchase recommendations that meet current and emerging requirements.
- Design, implement, and maintain security tools and solutions.
- Create, maintain, and conduct regular security awareness exercises and training.
- Conduct regular root cause analysis (RCA) exercises to diagnose and address fundamental and root issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to perform architecture reviews and threat modeling exercises to derive security requirements and safeguards.
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of security engineering experience; 3+ DevOps experience (inclusive.)
- Passion designing, leading, and performing hands-on implementation work.
- Capable of working independently but possesses a collaborative mindset.
- Proven experience educating and mentoring team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often juggling multiple projects.
- Proficiency in technology and security concepts (e.g., EDR, cryptography, identity and access management, networking, cloud architectures, containers, CI/CD systems, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience with Windows, Mac, Linux, and IOS security.
- Hands on experience and played a major role in the architecturing, deployment, and maintaining cloud native security solutions built in AWS.
- Mastery of using common programming languages (e.g., Python) to solve complex security problems.
- Practical experiencing integrating multiple systems through APIs and parsing, normalizing, and integrating complex datasets between integrated systems.
- Mastery in DevOps principles and agile methodologies.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!