About the opportunity
Contentful is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a skilled systems engineer to join our IT Systems Engineer team. This person will be bringing their experience to help mature, build, and optimize this team. Bring your technical talents and great attitude to this young and ambitious team.
What to expect?
- A hungry team looking looking to break through with lofty goals around problem solving and automation
- Embrace our value of start with the customer to build processes and automations with the goal of easing the life of Contentful employees
- Using a growth mindset you will explore new areas of technical development and personal development
- Bring your experience with the goal of create new processes and efficiencies so you and the team can strive together
- Be a champion for Release & Deployment, Incident, and Change management
What you need to be successful?
- Embrace our four core values of being humble, putting the customer first, have a growth mindset, and strive together
- You have 5-10 years of working experience in IT
- Extensive and proven experience with automations and workflows in a variety of systems
- Provide support to our IT Services team for issues that have been escalated and communicate status
- Extensive knowledge of a SaaS based corporate infrastructure (Okta, Google Workspace, Atlassian, J…)
- Provide leadership in the migration of legacy technology to current standards
- Lead and support the implementation of software, systems, and services
- Deep knowledge of IT service delivery, infrastructure and application support, security, business strategies, goals and objectives
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills that enables partnerships with colleagues across various departments
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a SaaS company using Agile methodologies
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.