About the opportunity
Contentful’s Customer Support Engineers are at the forefront of our efforts to assist customers who are building amazing websites, apps, and other digital experiences using cutting-edge technologies.
Working directly with developers from our customers, our Customer Support Engineers help some of them with massive scaling and others with getting started on new integrations. Through ticket-based assistance, they identify and research Contentful-related issues that users experience, and then troubleshoot and help resolve those issues. By providing this assistance, and escalating issues when necessary to our Engineering team, our Customer Support Engineers give our customers confidence that their needs are represented and addressed. Many large customers rely on Contentful to power their public websites, mobile apps, and other mission-critical parts of their business; our Customer Support Engineers play a vital role in enabling their success in doing so.
What to expect?
- A spirited group from around the globe, we keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and creating new internal processes
- Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what”
- We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs
What you need to be successful?
- Minimum 2 years previous experience with a direct contribution in Support and/or Customer-facing processes and tools like; a ticketing system, in-app chat, shift handover, on-call coverage, service level agreements, escalation process, and incident response
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work
- Confidence with common UNIX-like command-line tools
- A track record of getting things done in an environment that combines collaboration and individual responsibility
- Ability to read server logs and process them to aggregate/analyze data
- An understanding of Agile processes or experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and produce example code that complements the explanation
- Customer-centered, high level of empathy, and cross-team collaboration mindset
- Results and outcome-oriented; team focused
- Experience with working with global teams, open to cultural and thought diversity
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours, the option to work from the home office/remotely, a flexible time-off policy and volunteer time off
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling
- Personal education budget to use for conferences, training, workshops, classes, and seminars that will improve your skills and help you grow in your career
- Access to Contentful YOU! - our internal learning and development initiative
- A monthly phone/data reimbursement and phone upgrade reimbursement
- A full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
To view more career opportunities visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.