About the opportunity
Contentful is the pioneer and market leader offering a next-generation content platform — the heart of the modern tech stack — enabling enterprises to build scale digital experiences.
Contentful’s customers run a wide range of deployments that consume our API. Our micro-service architecture needs to be highly available and provide consistent performance. Our customers generate diverse workloads depending on their data structure and usage patterns, along with significant traffic growth.
Our team focuses on the evolution of our infrastructure. We are working on challenging scalability, availability, reliability, and automation problems. We manage the traffic of more than a billion requests per day. We are constantly inventing and learning new ways to stay ahead and serve our customers using sophisticated edge computing and fleet management.
What to expect?
We manage a modern stack from a complex outer layer of edge computing (cache layers, CDNs) to a micro-services based backend architecture orchestrated by running on Kubernetes in the AWS Cloud.
You will have the chance to solidify and enhance your knowledge in a real-world situation with hands-on experience with one of the world-leading infrastructure settings processing more than a billion API requests per day. You will be solving problems on various layers that directly impact our customers and their success. You will dive deep into IaC. You will work on reducing latency, handling scalability, removing bottlenecks, automation, infrastructure provisioning, detecting and investigating complex problems and handling incidents.
What do you need to be successful?
We know people come with various knowledge and experience, so a combination of some, any or all of the points below will contribute to your success.
- Experience in building, scaling or managing production web services
- Familiarity with production deployments in the cloud (especially AWS), preferably using orchestration tools (we mainly use Terraform).
- Experience working with Container Orchestration tools (we use Kubernetes)
- Edge computing
- Familiarity with SRE practices: SLO, SLA, etc.
- Ability to dive into new languages, frameworks and APIs
- Motivated to guide your learning and contribute in a supportive team environment
- Good English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required).
- Familiarity with monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger
- Knowledge of data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis, S3 and MySQL.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Stack, including networking/routing, load-balancing and caching/CDNs
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.