About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a senior Finance leader to join its Strategic Finance Team. This is a critical leadership role for a candidate that wants to have an outsized business impact. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Finance & Planning, this role will lead a small, high-performing team to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. If you are a humble, smart, and driven leader - we want to meet you!
This position’s preferred location will be in our beautiful office in Denver, Colorado but we will consider remote candidates in Pacific or Mountain time zones.
What to expect?
- Lead and evolve the core FP&A processes: the annual planning process, monthly and quarterly forecasting, management and Board reporting, and supporting other key related company processes
- Own the evolution of the financial planning and analysis system(s) including articulating the future state, creating a project plan and executing to that future state
- Partner with the Corporate functions including building critical cross-functional relationships, providing decision support, strategic financial analysis and guidance, and supporting them within processes such as headcount and expense planning
- Develop internal financial reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Focus on operational excellence, including investment in the tools, data and processes that provide improved outcomes and experiences for business and finance partners
- Continually improve the consistency and quality of reporting (one source of truth) to provide clear insights and speed decision-making, including accuracy and accountability of financial planning/forecasting
- Develop and monitor critical financial performance metrics and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the creation of Executive Leadership Team and Board presentations
- Support the journey of the finance organization to become public-capable, including working closely with the finance and legal (and other) colleagues on systems, controls, audit and the company’s adoption of US GAAP
- Support earnings releases and other financial announcements, investor presentations, and similar public company recurring and ad-hoc processes
What you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of FP&A, corporate/strategic finance, with a minimum of 5 years in a financial leadership position ideally in a technology (enterprise or consumption-based SaaS) company
- A deep devotion to detail & accuracy - must ensure the integrity of analysis, reporting, metrics, and systems are of the highest quality
- Proven ability to create and analyze financial models to analyze company performance for internal strategic planning
- Deep knowledge of the three financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) and key financial statement and operational metrics
- The ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences, via written and verbal modalities
- Experience with public company SEC reporting and exchange rules and regulations
- Experience interacting with and presenting to executive teams
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.