About the Opportunity
You'll be a valuable resource for our colleagues at all levels of the organization, providing guidance and support to help make them successful. You’ll have the opportunity to get your hands on interesting projects while working with an amazing team. While your primary focus will be North America, you’ll be collaborating with an international team to ensure we scale effectively while we grow our global presence and have an impact on global operations.
What to expect?
- Manage, optimize, and document People related operations and processes
- Support and drive key components of building out an HR shared services model
- Develop employee and manager self-serve resources that will allow us to continue to scale and prepare for Contentful’s next stage of growth
- Manage and ultimately be responsible for employment compliance in all federal, state and local jurisdictions that Contentful employs people
- Partner with People Team COE stakeholders, and cross-departmental colleagues, to operationalize and execute on employment related programs
- Serve as first point of contact for employee inquiries regarding policies, processes, systems, employee data, and other People Team related topics
- End to end immigration support in conjunction with outside counsel
- Manage North America offboarding process (compliance, cross-departmental collaboration, document preparation, exit interviews, etc).
- General administration (new hire setup and comms, data entry and maintenance, background checks, contractor management, audit requests, verifications of employment, etc)
What you need to be successful
- Experience in a high growth environment and scaling processes
- Experience building out, or scaling, an HR shared services model
- Experience documenting workflows, identifying recommendations for change, gaining buy-in, and implementing changes to processes that affect at least 200+ people
- Experience working cross-functionally to automate processes and reduce tactical administration
- Solid working knowledge of, and experience with, broad People-related functional areas (Benefits, Payroll, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, etc)
- Experience managing multi-state compliance
- A customer-first perspective and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Capability of working with limited supervision; proactive with strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Familiarity with a variety of HR systems; administration and configuration experience is a plus
- An analytical/structured mindset and rigorous attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $124,000 - $140,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.