About the opportunity
Contentful exists to help digital builders create the next era of digital experiences. Using our platform, builders are able to use their content as a composable asset that delivers a world class experience for digital first businesses and organizations.
We’re looking for a Creative Director to join our talented in-house brand team. You will have the ability to make your mark on the Contentful brand and shape the visual story of our leading composable content platform. You are a scrappy, strategic creative who is ready to build and collaborate with stakeholders and a team of creatives to tell our story on every channel - from large brand campaigns to social media and everything in between to build out our creative framework.
What to expect?
- Elevate our brand by crafting compelling, inspiring work
- Help lead the evolution of Contentful’s brand design system
- Convey the strategic direction of the company and channel it through our creative identity
- The opportunity to take our point of view and bring it to life through our brand
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders throughout the company
- Implementing new foundational elements to the brand and executing effective change management
- Manage agency relationships
- Work on brand activation and improve brand awareness
What you need to be successful?
- 8 -10 years in senior design roles
- Background in product led company
- Experience in digital, print, OOH, motion, social, events and experiential design
- Experience in building brand design systems as well as campaign creative
- Excellent communication with technical teams
- A strong portfolio of work
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.