About the opportunity
Our EMEA Controller will be responsible for the International Financial Statements. The position will have oversight over financial accounting and reporting matters for the EMEA headquarters operations in Berlin as well as accounting and reporting matters for other countries throughout our non-US locations. This will include multiple legal entities in the EMEA region, many of which are subject to local statutory and other regulatory reporting requirements.
The position will also be responsible for hiring and managing a local team, as well as possibly throughout the region to effectively deliver and manage accounting functions in the non-US territories. Our EMEA Controller will have the overview for compliance in all applicable jurisdictions for such matters as statutory and other regulatory reporting requirements and VAT and/or other local taxes. In addition, they will ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all internal monthly financial reporting requirements including assisting in the preparation, review and quality assurance of all subsidiary packages. This position may require occasional travel.
What to expect?
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team to deliver on the objectives of the function
- Provide Controllership business partner services to the EMEA leadership team and corporate FP&A
- Oversight of the effective, accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and employee expense reimbursement
- Oversight, planning, management and collaboration with the global treasury team for local entity cash balances and FX exposure optimization
- Document and manage all historical book to statutory adjustments and effectively serve as the lead interface for the auditors on the local Statutory Audits
- Collaborating with the Tax team on the effective, accurate and timely filing of all tax and other compliance forms and returns for all applicable jurisdictions
- Prompt, timely and courteous response to inquiries
- Demonstrate a high level of team building, leadership and management skills
What you need to be successful?
- Degree in Accounting or Finance - Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferably with a global firm
- 10+ or more years relevant work experience in technical and operational accounting as well as 5+ years of leadership and management experience with proven results for building and leading highly effective teams
- Experience in complex technical accounting areas such as lease accounting, equity, tax, etc. as well as operational accounting experience such as accounts payable
- VAT and other global consumption tax schemes compliance experience
- Relevant experience with SOX controls design and documentation
- Presentations to senior and executive management a strong plus
- Proficiency in current IFRS GAAP and accounting policies and procedures, as well as External Reporting
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills
- Strong English and German language reading and writing skills
- SaaS industry experience and NetSuite experience a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours, the option to work from the home office/remotely, a flexible time-off policy and volunteer time off
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling
- Personal education budget to use for conferences, training, workshops, classes, and seminars that will improve your skills and help you grow in your career
- Access to Contentful YOU! - our internal learning and development initiative
- A monthly phone/data reimbursement and phone upgrade reimbursement
- A full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
To view more career opportunities visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.