About the opportunity
The Growth Group is a cross-functional team with the mission of driving Contentful’s self-service business through product-led growth. The team has full responsibility for the strategy and performance of a significant part of Contenful’s business, and is determined to make self-service an even bigger part of Contenful’s success story.
In this, data plays a key role in everything that we do - be it understanding our current funnel and customer journeys, discovering and sizing opportunities, or enabling and running experiments to test our growth hypotheses. The role of a Product Analyst in the Growth Team is central to supporting these efforts both on a strategic and tactical level.
As a Product Analyst - Growth in the Core Data Science and Analytics team you'll be an individual contributor who will drive strategic data initiatives that will shape the direction of one of Contentful’s business segments.
Embedded in the Growth Team you will add the analytics perspective to the team consisting of Product Managers, Product Designers and Software Engineers while reporting to the Data Science & Analytics Manager. You will be responsible for providing customer insights and supporting the whole Product Development Process using exploratory data analysis, descriptive analyses, A/B testing, causal inference, and other statistical methods. You ensure impact measurement of product decisions as well as the continuous reporting and monitoring of critical business KPIs.
What to expect?
- You will join our diverse team of Data Scientists and Product Analysts in the Core Data Science and Analytics Team.
- You will work closely with the Growth team to understand the objectives of features and how they relate to the Contentful’s growth. You will help identify the tracking, goals, analytical testing and attribution analysis that are needed to support this.
- You perform self-driven quantitative analysis, distill recommendations and contribute to decision-making.
- Performing set-up and analysis of A/B tests for new features and business opportunities, analyzing and deep-diving into the results to give recommendations. Following the scientific research process to provide well documented and reproducible results.
- Together with the other growth leaders from Product, Engineering, and Marketing, you define the right metrics and KPIs to direct and measure our success.
- You will understand the value of reliable information and rapid decision-making. You will make clear choices to ensure the right level of testing and validation is applied to decision-making and analysis.
- You will contribute to the wider Contentful Data Model and will be a member of the Data Analysis Chapter.
- You will clearly tell the story of your insights for technical and business stakeholders.
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure.
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment.
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a dedicated product analyst, ideally in a fast-paced product/growth environment. Experience with B2B SaaS companies is an advantage.
- You understand the commercial/financial side of a SaaS company in addition to behavioral product/user data and use this knowledge to recommend fit-for-purpose solutions.
- You have strong quantitative skills and experience with various analytical methods, including analytical funnels and cohort analysis. Experience with experimentation frameworks is an advantage.
- You can work well with stakeholders from Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
- You must be fluent in SQL (we’re currently using Redshift and Presto dialects) and have experience defining and testing tracking plans.
- You are familiar with using programmatic data tools such as R / Python for descriptive analytics.
- You have an understanding of data modeling patterns and practical experience of applying this to business data. Experience in using DBT to build a data model is an advantage.
- You have used modern BI tools (we’re currently using Redash and Looker).
- You are comfortable in agile, cross-functional teams.
- You have experience with source control using git.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.