About the opportunity
As a Sr. Product Manager (f/m/d) for Infrastructure at Contentful, you will be driving the development of an enterprise-ready, highly scalable, reliable, and compliant content platform that powers the next generation of digital experiences.
In close collaboration with the Group Product Manager and the Senior DIrector of Product, you will shape strategic thinking in the area of platform infrastructure by managing the roadmap. In this position, you will work across infrastructure technology teams pairing with the Engineering Managers.
The technology Product Management team, working with a Contentful infrastructure group, drives the product strategy for the key part of our offering - API content platform designed from scratch for the cloud.
Our customer base is growing at a fast pace, and our platform serves billions of API requests every single day. We are looking for an extraordinary product leader with a strategic vision and proven record of successfully getting API platform products to the market.
What to expect?
- Work with engineering and data teams on strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering infrastructure products and services that are fast, efficient and dependable for our customers
- Drive a product roadmap and set goals and key success metrics
- Completely own your team's products from ideation to launch, growth, and iteration
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Participate in customer-facing discussions and user conferences as a product expert
- Produce thought-leadership content in the area of cloud computing and platform infrastructure
- Manage uptake of new capabilities by coordinating with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success departments
- Contribute to an inclusive PM culture that shares user insights, learnings, and research findings early, often, and well
What you need to be successful?
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience - ie. product management or equivalent experience
- A customer-centric product leader that’s passionate about highly scalable, reliable and distributed systems and APIs
- Good understanding of the technical aspects of products and services
- Passion for identifying opportunities and working with teams to deliver
- A proven track record in a similar role in managing large-scale infrastructure products with a focus on API platforms
- Experience working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of enterprise requirements when it comes to scalability, reliability, compliance, and security
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales on supporting go-to-market strategies, for example through the creation of assets that describe and prove platform services and capabilities
- A strong growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management, ability to lead via influence
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.