About the opportunity
Our customer base is growing at a fast pace, and our platform serves billions of API requests every single day, especially on Black Friday. Our Infrastructure group improves existing capabilities and innovates on what’s next for the cloud-native, AWS infrastructure layer of our enterprise-ready, highly scalable, reliable, and compliant content platform that powers the next generation of digital experiences. This group also owns the build, test, and deployment infrastructure to provide the best possible experience for all Contentful engineers.
As Product Manager (Internal Developer Experience) at Contentful, your mission is to make Contentful engineers productive and engaged by providing frameworks, building automation, and integrating external SaaS products for a unified, frictionless development lifecycle.
You’ll promote a product mindset, shape the strategic direction, and own the roadmap to improve the developer experience for a growing number of Engineers. You’ll collaborate with two technology teams pairing with Engineering Managers and Staff Engineers.
What to expect?
- Own and understand the needs and pain points of internal Contentful Engineers and other stakeholders. Then size, prioritize, and work with your cross-functional team to envision and build the very best solutions.
- Drive your product roadmap and set goals & key success metrics.
- Work with engineering and data teams on strategy and execution to make sure we are delivering developer experience products and services that are fast, efficient and reliable, balancing short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs.
- Collaborate with Research, Data Analysts, and Engineering to define, scope, and deliver the right outcomes iteratively.
- Work with the Contentful management team to define and pitch investment cases for the opportunities you discover.
- Communicate broadly to the Product Development organization about upcoming plans and opportunities, and be an evangelist for your team’s mission.
- Contribute to an inclusive PM culture that shares user insights, learnings, and research findings early, often, and well.
- Produce and share thought-leadership content in the area of developer experience.
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a Product Manager with at least 2 years of experience building platform or API SaaS products or delivering capabilities or services for internal users.
- You have the technical knowledge needed to work effectively with engineers responsible for our build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
- You enjoy complex technology and platform-scale problem-solving.
- You have a passion for identifying, sizing, and prioritizing opportunities, working with engineering teams to deliver high-impact outcomes to achieve business goals.
- You have firsthand experience doing user research, both generative and evaluative.
- You can analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- A proven track record in a similar role in managing large-scale infrastructure, API-first platform, or developer experience products.
- You’re a great communicator and are comfortable in explaining technical concepts to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- You’re able to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills, and are capable of trading off the needs and requests of multiple internal departments.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.