About the opportunity
As our Senior Director, Compensation & Benefits, you will join a thriving international People team and lead our global compensation and benefits programs, ensuring that our approach to total rewards is competitive and aligned with our core values. Our ideal new colleague will be both a strategic leader as well as a roll-up the sleeves hands-on contributor, able to balance long-term strategic thinking with practical day-to-day execution.
What to expect?
- Support the effective design and administration of our global compensation, benefits, recognition, and employee wellness programs.
- Provide strategic direction, planning, and requirements gathering to execute on design through implementation and administration on our compensation and benefits programs.
- Participate in yearly compensation survey submissions.
- Assist in making compensation recommendations for new hires, promotions, transfers, and other compensation actions.
- Participates in administration of annual performance management, incentive, or merit increase programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration for all global benefit programs. Assist with managing vendor administration/relationships.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to existing systems and processes, driving efficiencies.
- Effectively manage the communication of compensation, benefits and wellness programs to achieve employee awareness and understanding of the programs offered.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with our philosophies and strategies and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Ensure all programs are administered in compliance with regulations in the countries where we do business.
What you need to be successful?
- You’ve held progressively senior leadership roles in the areas of global compensation and benefits management, and have led a team of leaders and managers in a high growth technology company.
- You have many years of experience deploying proactive and innovative approaches to total rewards, ensuring that rewards programs are competitive, drive business results, are aligned with culture, and are understood and valued by managers and employees.
- You’ve amassed deep knowledge of compensation and benefits programs, including program design and implementation.
- You're experienced and skilled at advising and coaching senior and C-level executives and executing strategy.
- Your analytical skills are honed and stand out among your peers.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.