About the opportunity
The Working Student - Blog Assistant (f/m/d) will be part of our Content team, focusing on the Contentful blog: inputting completed articles and designs, researching and writing SEO content, copyediting, and monitoring Contentful forums and slack for trending topics.
What to expect?
- Production: inputting blog articles into the Contentful web app; coordinating blog designs with the design team; coordinating blog-post related social media posts with the Social Media Manager; keeping track of trends in the Contentful community to inform future blog posts; keep past blogs updated and connected to new information
- SEO: writing metadata for blogs and assets; doing keyword searches; completing the SEO component for blogs and web pages
- Copyediting: editing posts and other documents for style, grammar and typos
- Reporting: tracking and monitoring blog performance data
What you need to be successful?
- Exceptional native-level English writing skills with a strong knowledge of grammar and style plus excellent editing skills. You also have the ability to receive and thoughtfully consider feedback
- You are enrolled in a university in Germany
- Excel at working within and across teams, quickly building relationships and understanding what’s going on across the company
- Eager to learn about tech writing, agile processes and marketing to developers
- Detailed and organized: no misplaced comma can escape your notice, and you’re quick to develop a system to simultaneously manage a few projects at the same time
- Education in journalism, communication, English, marketing or related fields
- Experience with SEO and writing for the web
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the best hardware to learn and do your best work!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and team activities, supporting learning exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.