About the opportunity
As a Product Designer, you will work with a cross-functional team to discover, define and deliver solutions that help our customers improve their experience using Contentful. This is an exciting opportunity to explore new ways to solve critical problems across a number of problem spaces.
If you have a passion for problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows this role could be right for you. You understand the role of product analytics in design, and know how to make evidence-based tradeoffs. You are comfortable facilitating user testing sessions and team workshops, and have experience working with design systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
You’ll be a key player in your cross-functional product development team during discovery, solutioning, and delivery.
- Partner with a product manager in identifying and defining opportunities in reusability of content, and orchestrating management of content across multiple channels
- Partner with UX researchers to develop deep empathy for our customers, and understand what kind of opportunities would create the biggest value for our customers
- Facilitate team workshops
- Understand how the these opportunities fit into our complex ecosystem, and make smart suggestions/trade-offs
Design & Delivery
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct user testing
- Develop concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to relevant stakeholders
- Improve UX/ design quality by pairing with engineers and other Designers
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Collaborate with other Designers across the org to gather input on ongoing work
- Specify implementation details
What you need to be successful?
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Take initiative to collaborate with colleagues in your cross functional team and beyond
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Analytical approach to design
- Strong communicator and user advocate
- Comfortable communicating with company leadership
- Experience working with design systems and strong knowledge of interaction patterns
- Experience with user research (quantitative and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience with meeting and workshop facilitation
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-KT1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.