About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive high-impact strategic programs and initiatives with the Product Development (“ProdDev”) organization.
We are looking for candidates with an established track record (ideally in a fast-moving tech environment) driving complex, cross-functional strategic, and operational projects to successful completion.
What to expect?
As an experienced (Technical) Program Manager who is passionate about helping leaders and teams deliver business impact, you will work with our senior ProdDev leaders to drive the execution of key strategic and operational programs, as well as core ProdDev business rhythms.
- Manage high-impact strategic programs identified as top-priority by the ProdDev leadership team, including major product launches and operational initiatives that contribute to our overall ProdDev goals. Work with the relevant stakeholders across ProdDev and in key partner functions (e.g. Marketing, Product Marketing, Data) to turn business goals and deliverables into detailed, measurable, and well-aligned project plans; define appropriate metrics to measure progress; track and communicate progress; surface risks and dependencies and identify root causes and the stakeholders and actions required to solve these; then drive teams to action, ensuring we make consistent progress and deliver on what we set out to do.
- Drive planning and successful outcomes of core Program rhythms, e.g. monthly and quarterly reviews, program status meetings; guide and lead team members, including executives, to deliver on agreed actions coming out of these meetings
- Support communication and information sharing from the ProdDev leadership team to relevant stakeholders across the company through key channels and meetings (e.g. All Hands meetings, written updates, internal knowledge sites)
What do you need to be successful?
You should have 7+ years of relevant Program or Project Management experience, ideally spanning both fast-paced startup environments and larger, more established organizations. You will ideally have experience working with engineering and development teams on large-scale technical projects as well as experience working cross-functionally with go-to-market teams with a broader company strategic lens.
You are passionate about driving business impact by corralling large teams to deliver on ambitious goals - and are excited to apply your skills in a fast-growing, dynamic environment. You are:
- An outstanding operator and program manager, with demonstrated, quantifiable success in delivering high-impact, complex projects to completion. You can take a business goal or problem statement and turn this into a project plan, requirements, goals and metrics; identify resource requirements and work with the appropriate teams to ensure these are met; and drive relevant stakeholders (including senior leaders) to successfully deliver results, on-time. You are expert at anticipating and quickly surfacing risks and roadblocks, identifying solutions, aligning relevant stakeholders, then leading the group to action and resolution.
- Incredibly organized, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities concurrently, driving yourself and others to deliver on tight timelines. You are able to tailor processes and approaches to drive the greatest impact with minimal perceived pain.
- An exceptional listener and verbal communicator: you very quickly absorb and process the most important information from a discussion, take detailed notes, and easily play back the synthesis and implications. You allow others to speak, take their perspectives into account, and still manage to keep meetings focused on goals.
- An extremely effective written communicator: you have a track record of creating clear and concisely-written materials (slide presentations, documents, emails) as part of managing and tracking projects, that made a measurable difference to stakeholders’ understanding of overall progress and actions needed from them
- Driven and team-oriented: you have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead large, cross-functional teams, often including very senior stakeholders, to deliver on shared goals. You have an innate drive to achieve results, and facilitate the consensus and buy-in needed to get there. You are an expert at flexing your communication and working styles to successfully collaborate with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds.
- Obsessed with driving observable impact: you are great at ensuring project plans will lead to visible, measurable change - and define the appropriate metrics in order to do this. You create visibility into performance against these metrics, track and report on status, identify business implications, and use this to develop shared understanding and drive action.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.