About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a strong Brand Design Lead to work within our brand team to take Contentful’s vision and express it throughout our brand identity. As we’re going through immense growth, we’re looking for someone who is able to take their skills that they have honed in previous roles and apply them to a fast-paced and developing environment. You will have opportunities to see your creativity impact the company at a high level and you will have an integral role in shaping and refining our brand and how we show up in the marketplace. As a leader in the brand organization, you will also coordinate with other department leaders and guide the design process.
What to expect?
- Lead the art direction and strategic thinking of brand and marketing projects
Prioritize design system thinking that enables efficient turnaround for designers, and empowers department wide teams by managing brand assets, templates and standards
- Own the internal documentation of processes and systems
- Lead, manage, and motivate the creative team of brand designers, including critiquing their work, providing development feedback and managing their work priorities and workload
- Manage the freelance network and studio relationships. Oversee the production and processes of creating externally built design assets - aligning with project stakeholders from ideation to release and creating a system of production with partners
- Act as a strategic partner and brand advocate within the Marketing department. Work with cross functional teams to scope out projects, collaborate on briefs, manage timelines, and deliver final creative.
- Seek and identify opportunities to strengthen the brand presence
- Work to raise the design standard across the organization
- Assist in defining a coherent design system, culture and processes across teams
- Look for opportunities to increase brand consistency and potency
- Partner externally and help to lead the internal team through a brand redesign
What you need to be successful?
- 6+ years in a hands on design position
- 2+ years experience in a leadership or management role
- Experience driving design initiatives in a fast paced SaaS environment
- Partner with our Creative Project Manager to make scalable and efficient design processes
- Strong project management skills in partnering across teams to determine priorities and performance metrics
- A strong grasp on contemporary design aesthetics, trends, and emerging technologies.
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ideally experience in an inhouse role in addition to agency
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $136,000 - $145,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.