About the opportunity
Joining our thriving People team, you will work both collaboratively and independently to make a real impact in setting up our People processes. Your passion for people means that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of projects that will shape our business going forward. What’s more, you get to work with bright teammates who want to solve interesting problems. We are a hard-working, international, agile and feedback-oriented bunch that enjoys interacting with one another in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
What to expect?
In your role as our Principal People Partner (f/m/d), you will be a strategic partner to our growing Go to Market departments on all People related topics. Your mission will be to strengthen our existing performance and talent management framework and rhythms. Partnering with Go-to-Market executives and leaders across Contentful, you’ll introduce new ways to elevate employee engagement, career development, and recognition that help us to develop and retain top talent.
- Develop and drive world-class people management practices with our GTM teams such as employee engagement, career pathing, and development programs.
- Serve as a key point of contact for the employees and managers on our GTM teams.
- Partner with People Ops to provide GTM leadership with data and metrics on people topics that help to make informed decisions that enhance business performance.
- Serving as a subject matter expert, partner with people managers on addressing and solving for the ‘things we haven’t seen before’ (aka - writing the next chapter) and then work to document and operationalize the work so that others can learn from and follow your lead.
What you need to be successful?
- Your prior Business Partner experience is progressive, and you’ve been part of high-growth, international teams for many business cycles.
- You’re an effective leader and partner, for employees at all levels and have been part of a GTM or other functional leadership team in the past.
- You’ve had significant experience running high impact programs for companies with 100% YoY headcount growth
- You use data and analytical skills to draw insightful conclusions and solve problems.
- You’re knowledgeable on current US and EMEA labor laws.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.