About the opportunity
Contentful is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an experienced ethics and compliance professional energized by working collaboratively, shaping a new role, and have a combination of leadership skills and business savvy, we would love to hear from you!
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing legal, governance and compliance team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design, build and manage a corporate compliance program that drives proactive risk mitigation at scale and fosters a strong culture of ethics and compliance. You have proven expertise in assessing risks across different business areas and legal disciplines and are skilled at building partnerships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. You are able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and are proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans. This role will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor across functions.
What to expect?
- Provide comprehensive oversight and ownership of Contentful’s compliance management program and related governance framework consistent with legal requirements and the company’s risk appetite
- Develop, review, and implement global compliance related policies, procedures and controls; adjust policies and procedures to reflect the latest developments globally
- Work with country management, functional leaders and business leaders to formalize, implement and maintain compliance policies and procedures and to ensure compliance training is completed
- Develop corporate compliance auditing and monitoring plans, oversee the execution of these activities and adapt the plan consistent with dynamic business risks as needed
- Provide legal expertise on interpretation and application of compliance laws, with a pragmatic and solutions-oriented approach
- Lead investigations and related processes, collaborating with relevant members of management, Legal, People Operations, and other departments to ensure appropriate outcomes
- Develop and manage programs, policies, communications and trainings related to our Global Code of Conduct; manage the ethics and compliance whistleblower hotline
- Develop corrective action plans in partnership with functional leadership for resolution of problem areas or gaps
- Reporting on key metrics and compliance matters to CLO and Audit Committee
- Continuously seek out, and incorporate as appropriate, compliance-related industry best practices and learnings
- Engage in strategic planning with the CLO and Legal Operations to stay ahead of regulatory requirements (e.g. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), ethical AI, or other future state software/IT regulations)
What you need to be successful?
- Advanced degree (e.g., Masters or JD) and/or compliance certification preferred, such as CPCO, CCEP, or CCP
- 10+ years of relevant experience in both developing (e.g., strategy, materials, system identification) and then implementing global, in-house corporate compliance programs
- A successful track record building a culture of compliance and ethics in which compliance and business objectives are mutually reinforcing
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with demonstrated ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems
- Desire and ability to both develop strategy, make decisions and to implement in a timely manner, with hands-on creation and delivery of materials and process
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with multiple data sets, with the ability to draw conclusions and make informed decisions and recommendations
- Ability to clearly map process and data flows between systems
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership; proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently and lead colleagues and multiple diverse projects
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize a varied, heavy, and continually expanding workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing, with colleagues at all levels across the business
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Contentful values
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $239,000 - $255,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.