About the opportunity
The Manager, Sales Operations will play a critical role in Contentful’s EMEA Sales Operations team. This role will work to help support the EMEA Sales Operations Business Partner, the Sales Operations team in EMEA, and our Sales Systems team (Global) in meeting the needs of the pillars of Sales Ops: Process, Transparency, Control Systems, and Automation - in order to help the Sales department scale. This role requires a candidate who exhibits all of the key capabilities of Sales Operations: Efficiency, Collaboration, Persistence, Resilience, and Purpose. Additional functional expertise in Sales technology (CRMs, analytics tools, forecasting tools, enrichment tools) will be key. The candidate must be a strong leader, self-directed, well-organised, detail-oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What to expect?
- Manage the Sales & Partner tech stack. Tools include: Partner Portal, Account Planning, Intent Data, Outreach, Engagement Intelligence, Data Enrichment, Asset Management, Forecasting, Sales Analytics, CRM
- Help oversee daily team operations
- Manage the development of detailed design specifications and project plans to drive software system and process improvements, enhance business efficiency, manage new product implementations
- Manage data governance processes, privacy and adherence of guidelines between business units and systems.
- Work directly with key Sales leaders on critical strategic, organisational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, productivity, and operational efficiency
- Optimise current system driven processes to scale for growth and efficiency such as enablement delivery, predictive modelling of machine learning in CRM, and partner portal
- Partner with IT, Sales Enablement, Business systems, Sales, Partnerships, CS, and Marketing and other cross functional teams to drive business system efficiency and the development of market driven improvements such as but not limited to system automations, website navigation and flow, partner portal development
- Collaborate with regional and cross functional Sales & Partner Operation teams, Enablement, Marketing and other departments to improve integration of all tools
- Develop and implementing growth strategies for team members as well as evaluate performance and productivity of team members
- Help to drive discipline and accuracy around date and keep Sales Operations & Sales Department documentation up-to-date and relevant
- Work as a supportive, active, and strategy member of the Sales Operations leadership team
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement effective cross-functional processes
What you need to be successful?
- Prior experience in Sales Operations Management and in people management
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence colleagues, fostering strong working relationships
- Experience implementing & supporting a Partner Portal a plus
- Deep sales process and methodology experience and expertise
- Project management and organisational skills required
- SaaS and Salesforce Developer level experience (certification a plus, but not a requirement)
- Strong analytical and process definition skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, by being adaptable, versatile and detail-oriented
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counselling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.