About the opportunity
Contentful is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a motivated SaaS Business Systems Integration Engineer who will join our team and play a key role in a business systems team in charge of our business platform.
NetSuite, Zuora, Coupa, and WorkDay are the pillars of our Financial Systems Platform and as a SaaS Business Systems Engineer you will be working with systems administrators and internal stakeholders on developing new and improving existing processes that are audit-ready and compliant, while still maintaining a flexible platform.
What to expect?
- Support of the daily application requirements of the Finance teams
- Architect, document, develop, configure, test, implement and maintain NetSuite and all related SaaS application integrations
- Configuration and development of Financial Systems integrations including user administration, development of user access roles and permissions, security, and workflow automations
- Integration of Financial Systems through API development
- Development of operational data flows between Financial systems
- Improvement of the data quality in the Financial Systems eco-system with regard to the end-to-end processes in the entire company
- Technical contact for teammates as well as for our specialist departments
- Training of teams and key users on all process changes within Financial Systems
- Development and preparation of reports in cooperation with the specialist departments
What you need to be successful?
- You have at least 5+ years working experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, or Consultant
- Expert understanding of NetSuite model and functionality
- Experience with Billing, Financial Planning, Expense, Banking, and other systems in the Financial Systems environment, including Zuora, WorkDay/Adaptive, Rydoo, and others
- You have ability to give optimal solutions to the business requirements on the basis of best practices and using standard features of NetSuite
- Hands on experience with SuiteScript 1.0 and 2.0/2.1 (Suite Script, Scheduled Scripts, Client Scripts, Portlet Scripts, csv imports, Workflow and Suitelet), SuiteTalk, SuiteBundler etc.
- Familiarity with integration approaches and strategies, preferably work involving webservices (XML, SOAP, WSDL, REST)
- Assists with the creation of test cases and supports User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure system configuration objectives have been met.
- Troubleshooting scripts, integrations, and workflows
- Creation of detailed user and technical documentation for new and existing customizations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NetSuite functionality on new releases, customizations, and integrations.
- Preferred Certifications: NetSuite SuiteCloud Developer II
- Experience developing user access management profiles based on least privileged user and compliance related separation of duties
- Experience with Financial standards such as US GAAP, Quote to Cash, and Procure to Pay
- Experience in Agile Development Principles
- Excellent knowledge of ERP security models
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools
- You have experience in end-user training
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.