About the opportunity
As Senior Manager, Product Analytics you will manage a team responsible for using analytics to make data-informed decisions and incorporate data throughout the product development process. You will be a leader for our Product and Growth Analysts and a thought partner for Product Managers and our Product Leadership at Contentful.
You will help us choose the right path for planning our analytics capabilities and using them to best advantage to grow our business and help our teams focus on understanding the potential and success of our features.
You are equally comfortable influencing leadership as you are working with Product Managers and helping your team grow.
What to expect?
- Ensure your teams tell effective stories on their analysis to communicate meaning, outcomes and recommendations effectively across technical and business stakeholder groups.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and match them with projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. Encourage, empower, and celebrate.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s analysis, delivery, processes and planning.
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential analysts from diverse backgrounds.
- Ensure that new and enhanced product features have measurable and outcome centered goals and work with analytics engineers to ensure they are backed by appropriate event tracking plans. Work with teams and leaders to develop measurable OKRs that are backed by appropriate data.
- Deliver clear, concise, and data-informed recommendations to stakeholders.
- Be accountable for developing reports, dashboards, and tools to democratize insights to appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead deep dive and ad-hoc analyses that expose key user behaviors and opportunities for product enhancement or development and co-ordinate and plan the delivery of your team around these processes.
- Partner with our Data Platform, Analytics Engineering and Data Governance teams to ensure our data pipelines and models, definitions and quality support our requirements for analytics and reporting.
- Align the strategy and tactics for Product and Growth Analytics with our Product Leadership and coordinate this with support required from the wider data community.
- Partner with product, growth, engineering, design leadership and other stakeholders to align data and analytics with our OKR, business goals and product development ways of working.
- Work with our Growth teams to identify opportunities for experimentation and iterative improvement of our onboarding, user engagement and conversion through analysis.
What you need to be successful?
- Likely to have 6+ years of experience in Product and/or Data Analytics
- Experience managing a sizable team (4 or more direct reports)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of seniority (up to C-level)
- Comfortable developing, collaborating on and delivering strategic plans with support from data and product leadership
- Comfortable analyzing and manipulating data with high-quality SQL
- Solid experience and understanding of B2B SaaS businesses with experience of working with self-serve funnel analytics a distinct advantage
- Experience of multiple techniques across Product Analytics and the ability to provide technical leadership to your teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex analyses and concepts into what matters most for the business
- Deliver on work streams simultaneously by yourself and with your team, balancing both short-term and long-term projects and adjusting priorities as needed
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1 #LI-REMOTE
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.