About the opportunity
The primary function of this position is to effectively build, lead and manage a team which is responsible for all aspects of cash, short term investments, cash forecasting, liquidity and foreign exchange management and corporate insurance for the global organization. The ideal candidate for this role will bring their proven experience to implement best practices and leverage best in class, people, processes and systems to effectively meet the current and reasonably anticipated treasury needs of Contentful. This role will also be involved in, and lead their team in, closely collaborating on various projects with the Controllership, FP&A, Legal and People teams, among other business functions as well.
What to expect?
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team, consisting of and leveraging world class tools, processes, and personnel, to implement best practices and deliver against the responsibilities and objectives of the function.
- Partner with the senior finance leadership team to perform strategic planning as it relates to Contentful’s balance sheet, liquidity, foreign exchange, and corporate insurance optimization
- Design refine, adopt and optimize a global treasury strategy including identifying and engaging financial institutions and other third parties; and, architecting and deploying financial accounts and supplemental financial instruments and products which combine to effectively and efficiently meet an accurate understanding of the current and reasonably foreseeable future treasury needs of Contentful
- Collaborate and coordinate with Legal to ensure the opening and closing of financial accounts and products; and additions, deletions, or revisions to authorized signers, or their respective scope or limits, are made in compliance with the Company’s applicable board approved authorization policies
- Design, adopt, maintain and adhere to appropriate treasury related company policies including cash and liquidity management, foreign exchange risk management, investments management and corporate insurance
- Design, implement, maintain and adhere to appropriate financial processes and controls with regards to new financial products, cash disbursements, cash transfers, systems and third-party portal access rights, signatories, and limits to ensure alignment with best in breed practices
- Oversee world-wide banking operations to ensure timely planned and optimized funding of Contentful’s business needs while maintaining compliance with local and global regulations and internal controls; and, delivering scalable, efficient accounting and reconciliation outcomes
- Design, implement maintain and execute foreign currency risk management strategies and activities including, exposure assessment, selection of natural and purchased hedge instruments as needed to appropriately manage risk, compliance and reporting of such strategies and activities
- Design, implement, maintain and execute best in breed corporate insurance related strategies and oversee the engagement deployment and maintenance of resulting brokers, carriers and policies. Liaison with the business functions as needed, from time to time, to facilitate claims filings and reimbursements
- Design, implement, maintain and execute best in breed global cash forecasting techniques and practices to predict and effectively manage to quarterly cash flows and ending cash balances
- Prepare and present, as requested, recurring results and insightful analysis for the treasury, foreign exchange and corporate insurance functions. Review and approve external financial statement disclosures as well for these functions
- Assist as needed with treasury, foreign exchange and corporate insurance matters for the auditors, including accurate and timely preparation of and explanations for all audit related requests.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
What you need to be successful?
- 5 or more years relevant work experience in Treasury
- Including, 2 or more years of management experience
- Experience with global cash and investments management for a portfolio of >$200M
- Experience with multi-entity, global corporate structures
- Experience with businesses with more than 3 transactional and positional currencies
- Experience with foreign exchange risk management; including natural and purchased hedging practices and instruments
- Experience with corporate insurance practices and policies a strong plus
- Power user level experience with treasury management tools; including banking tools and portals
- Treasury and foreign exchange management policies, system and process architecture, troubleshooting, reengineering and mapping a plus
- Interaction with external parties including auditors and other service providers
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $158,000 - $160,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.