About the opportunity
As a Product Manager in the Apps product line, together with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, and engineers, you will be responsible for driving the strategy of the features that help our customers create compelling digital experiences. As Contentful transitions from a successful B2B SaaS startup to a “scale-up” company, our group is responsible for expanding the customer and revenue base beyond developers (who have traditionally been our strongest advocates) into other important marketing, creative, and business functions.
What to expect?
- Own and understand customers’ and stakeholders’ needs and pain points. Then size, prioritize, and work with your cross-functional team to envision and build the very best solutions.
- Collaborate with Design, Research, Data Analysts, and Engineering to define, scope, and deliver the right solutions iteratively.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to tackle ambitious initiatives that span multiple product teams.
- Work with Product Marketing and business teams to make pricing, packaging, and business model decisions that contribute to customer success and revenue growth.
- Work with the Contentful management team to define investments in the opportunities you discover.
- Communicate broadly to the company about upcoming plans and opportunities, and be an evangelist for your team’s interests within the company.
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a Product Manager with at least 3 years of experience building and bringing B2B SaaS products to market, ideally in the content management, web development, or publishing industries.
- You have firsthand experience doing customer research, both generative and evaluative.
- You can analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- You have expertise delivering user experiences that engage customers while achieving business goals.
- You’re a great communicator and are comfortable in explaining technical concepts to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- You enjoy complex technology and platform-scale problem-solving.
- You’re able to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills, and are capable of trading off the needs and requests of multiple internal departments.
- You have the technical knowledge needed to work effectively with engineers.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1 #LI-REMOTE
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.