About the opportunity
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving net new revenue and uncovering upsell opportunities with existing and new Customers. You’ll lead Customer enablement initiatives and follow a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Experience and Marketing teams, you’ll nurture and grow a regional Customer base.
What to expect?
- Work with our cross-functional sales team to help drive new and existing Customers to different Contentful capabilities.
- Position, negotiate, and close expansion opportunities with existing clients.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to Customers, and creating sales proposals.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities across a dedicated territory. Conduct research, identify key players, and qualify inbound leads to drive new business relationships. Then sustain value-add relationships with key decision makers by becoming a trusted advisor.
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and Customer teams.
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams.
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach.
- Work closely with Solution Engineers to uncover technical challenges and opportunities.
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently.
- Work closely with Customer experience & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective Customers.
What you need to be successful
- 4+ years of experience selling a technical platform
- 4+ years of individual quota carrying experience
- Working knowledge of selling and positioning to customers a technical SaaS and/or PaaS platform
- 2+ years of growing and expanding existing customer accounts in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to sell transactions of $150k+ to organizations with $1b+ in revenue
Nice to have:
- Understanding of product-led growth sales motions
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $200,000 - $220,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards, where applicable, in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.