We are looking for a working student to support our legal team, specifically in legal team tasks related to contract management and in reviewing standard agreements such as non-disclosure, customer and vendor agreements. You will also work closely with other teams such as the Sales, Partnerships and IT teams. This role is based in Berlin (or remote in Germany), offering 20 hours per week and is perfect to complement your related field of studies. You will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you will be able to gain experience in working in an international legal team.
- You will contribute to our contract management function by ensuring correct approval and signing processes are followed. You will independently organize contract signatures and related administrative tasks such as filing contracts. You can contribute to improving Contentful’s contract management practices
- You will participate in drafting and negotiating standard contracts, supporting and learning from our Legal Counsels
- You will work together with and support our Legal Counsels, Marketing, IT and Sales teams, working cross-functionally
- You will support our privacy (GDPR) compliance for example by ensuring necessary documentation is produced and processes are followed
- You will conduct independent legal research of new laws, regulations and guidelines
- You are an enrolled law student at a German University with focus studies and/or genuine interest in start ups and technology, preferably in your 5th semester or higher or you are studying for your Master’s degree in law
- Basic knowledge and previous experience in privacy and data protection and contract law would be advantageous
- Previous experience as a working student or intern in a legal department and/or start up is considered a strong plus
- You have a keen interest in IT systems and cloud services
- You have strong administration skills, you are detail-oriented and a fast learner with good communication skills
- You are a team player but you can also work independently
- You have excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.