About the opportunity
Contentful is growing, and we are looking for a motivated Senior Director of Data to lead our Data and Business Intelligence technical team. The Senior
Director is responsible for the vision, strategic development, and management of Contentful's Data and Business Intelligence platforms.
What to expect?
- Drive a long term data roadmap that is aligned with Contentful’s Information Strategy
- Establish a Data Strategy that supports the needs of a fast growing, agile company
- Establish relationships and effectively communicate with other leaders
- Partner with department leads
- Drive understanding and transparency of business drivers, highlight key trends, act as a resource of improving data proficiency throughout the organization
- Enable business insights to drive revenue growth and cash flow efficiency
- Engage the business to become Data Champions by enabling team training with key users on the pillars of Data Governance
- Attract, develop and engage a diverse team of data analysts, data engineers and data scientists. Help them develop their careers and match them with work suited to their skill levels and goals.
What you need to be successful?
- You have at least 10 years working experience in Data Management
- Proven experience scaling teams in a growing business
- Experience managing globally dispersed teams
- Exceptional cross-functional leader
- Quantitative background in data science, BI, analytics or similar with demonstrated strategic impact
- Demonstrated success translating data into actionable insights
- Ability to influence cross-functionally, where formal reporting relationships do not exist
- Problem solver
- Demonstrated success in leveraging data governance principles to enable and improve business performance outcomes
- A deep understanding of how to effectively leverage historical data and develop predictive models
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a SaaS company using Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.