About the opportunity
As a Sales Development Representative joining our North America sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and identifying leads and sales opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities. In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques.
What to expect?
- You effectively maintain the active engagement with our existing leads through an adaptable and personalized approach
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Enterprise and Commercial Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback
- Documenting various details including use case, stakeholders, vendor decision process, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Use and keep Salesforce.com up-to-date for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensure a timely follow-up with all prospects
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified opportunities and meetings booked
What you need to be successful?
- College / University Degree educated
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred; and previous SDR experience is highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, objectives and challenges
- Active listener and good note taker
- Ability to proactively qualify customer needs
- Ability to understand the business opportunity, and to articulate it to the AE team, by understanding the prospect’s use case and requirements well and how Contentful fits into the customer’s goals
- Ability to build rapport with prospects, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Self starter, doesn’t wait for things to happen, but pro-actively takes action to move the conversation forward
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, and others.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $70,000 - $72,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.