About the opportunity
As a Data Engineering Manager at Contentful, you are responsible for advancing and maintaining healthy data engineering teams, ensuring that we’re building great data products.
What to expect?
- Lead a team of data engineers implementing high-quality data pipelines and data infrastructure to power advanced analytics, growth activities, business intelligence and customer and product analysis.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and match them with projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- With your team, develop technical and product roadmaps then identify, plan, and deliver against those roadmaps.
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. Encourage, empower, and celebrate
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
What you need to be successful?
- You are already managing engineers and/or you’re ready to make the jump into full-time management and you have a wide experience with scaling data stacks
- Familiar with principles of building resilient data pipelines, event based data, structuring data effectively for business intelligence, analysis, marketing and advanced analytics and creating a strong data governance framework
- Experience with continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product, business
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- In-depth, proven data engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.