About the Opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Senior Manager, Global Benefits to join our growing People Team. This role will report to the Senior Director, Compensation & Benefits and will be responsible for the administration of global employee benefit and wellness programs, including medical, dental, vision, time off, life insurance plans, disability, and retirement plans.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced company during a period of rapid growth, where you will have an immediate impact by helping us design and scale our benefits programs and wellness initiatives around the world. You will be fully dedicated to the wellbeing of our employees, while helping the company stay aligned to its strategic goals. What’s more, you get to work with bright, hard-working people who want to solve interesting problems.
If you describe yourself as a customer-centric team player who wants to help the business scale and grow, we want to hear from you!
What to expect?
In this role, you will:
- Directly build and support benefits and wellness programs across the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, and Netherlands; plus support employees employed via EOR in Australia, France, Canada, Finland, and Sweden
- Partner with our brokers, plan administrators, and vendors to set up, administer and scale competitive benefits, wellness, and retirement plans for ~800+ employees globally
- Oversee a US-based Benefits Specialist, who provides day-to-day support for US employees on benefit plans and manages leave of absence tracking and execution
- Partner with EMEA People Ops team to provide stronger global benefits and wellness support to EMEA employees
- Review our global benefit offerings regularly to ensure we are globally aligned to our total rewards value proposition and company growth strategy while mindful of market-specific dynamics and compliance
- Lead the selection and implementation of new benefits vendors as needed, in partnership with our Legal, Payroll, and People Technology teams
- Lead renewal process for all benefits plans and manage the annual benefits open enrollment process from start to finish
- Analyze program usage and effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements
- Oversee global time off policies and programs, including personal / vacation time, sick time, parental leave, local statutory leave, and holiday programs
- Lead benefits communication efforts to ensure employee awareness, education and understanding (including written communications and presentations)
What you need to be successful
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, including aligning and administering global benefits programs (experience with US and EMEA benefits required)
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building a business function in a rapidly scaling global organization
- A solid understanding of legislation and compliance items related to benefits and leave administration
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills; including the ability to partner with teams across the business to implement new programs
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to work “high and low” - this role will require you to think and plan at 30,000 feet, direct traffic from the tower, and sometimes execute details from the runway
- Experience managing time off, leave of absence, and open enrollment in an HRIS system (such as Workday) a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.