About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Director of Product Analytics to accelerate our ability to drive from data to insights and product decisions, and customer and business impact. We are looking for candidates with an established technical track record in Product Analytics (ideally in a fast-growing tech environment) as well as experience in leadership roles (both leading teams and collaborating cross-functionally).
What to expect?
As leader of our Product Analytics team, you will develop the data-driven fact base and insights that allow us to quickly and continuously improve on and optimize the impact we deliver to customers.
You will be a cross-functional thought partner who raises the bar in data-driven decision-making, as well as the core person who makes this a reality. Above all, you are most energized by helping others get to better decisions faster.
- Lead and develop the team of product analysts to draw insights from our data that will drive maximum positive impact to our customers and business. This includes driving our Build, Measure, Learn approach (defining and testing hypotheses, experimentation, running A/B and/or multivariate tests, measuring impact & digging into root causes of deviations); building and maintaining visibility into core product metrics and our funnel, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Be a strategic thought partner and an outstanding cross-functional leader. Own, collaboratively define, and align on the Product Analytics vision and roadmap to ensure your team invests its time in a way that is aligned with our strategy and OKRs, that drives maximum results for our customers and business, and that relevant stakeholders buy in to
- Ensure data foundations are in place (e.g. event tracking, data pipelines & models, quality) to execute on our Product Analytics roadmap. Collaborate with our Data Platform, Analytics Engineering, Data Governance, Finance and Engineering teams to guide investments in our data pipeline, tooling, architecture, and data stack
- Recommend and enable the right level of self-service insights to maximize effectiveness e.g. via reports, dashboards, datasets, tools. Ensure that self-service work is leading to the right insights and decisions, even where your team is not directly involved.
- Clearly and concisely communicate the outcomes and implications of the Product Analyst Team’s work to relevant audiences. Coach your team to excel at this, and continuously refine processes, artifacts (e.g. dashboards, data visualizations, reports), and touchpoints with relevant stakeholders.
What you need to be successful?
You are an experienced Product Analytics leader with 10+ years of relevant experience in Product Analytics, Growth Analytics, Data Science, Software Engineering, and/or Product Management and 3+ years managing teams of analysts/data scientists. Experience in SaaS and high-growth technology companies is preferred.
We would be excited to hear from you if you are:
- A strong technical leader. At a minimum you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field. You are experienced with data-driven decision making in a business context, are fluent in SQL and statistical techniques, and are familiar with product analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker). You demonstrate the ability to articulate product questions, define statistically sound analyses to answer these, use SQL to pull the data required, and drive towards answers and actions.
- A highly effective and collaborative cross-functional leader. You are experienced working with multiple senior stakeholders (up to C-level) - both technical and non-technical. You demonstrate the ability to understand others’ priorities and opinions, surface misalignments, and help drive towards resolution.
- An valued thought partner with great business judgment. You have played leadership roles where you actively and collaboratively shaped your team’s work to drive toward broader customer and business outcomes, as opposed to managing incoming requests.
- An inspiring and supportive team builder, leader, and coach who has managed multiple teams, and managed other managers. You hired, retained, and developed a team of strong performers; ensured they were set up for success, and helped them grow.
- A strategic thinker who drives to quick and effective action. You demonstrate the ability to understand the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly, as well as an innate drive to ensure you and your team deliver maximum impact in the easiest way possible.
- A clear and proactive communicator (verbally as well as written/visual) who can display and synthesize complex data and analyses into implications & recommendations for the business. You proactively and consistently drive towards the transparency needed to ensure all relevant stakeholders understand what they need to.
- Very comfortable with ambiguity, and working in fast-paced environments with a lot of unstructured or semi-structured data. You effectively prioritize work and make trade-offs for your team to move projects forward.
If you believe you can excel at this role but do not meet every single criteria then please apply and let us know how you believe that your experience will help you be successful.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-BR1 #LI-REMOTE
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.