About the Opportunity
We are looking for a strong creative leader to help evolve, and set the creative vision for Contentful. You’ll be responsible for bringing our brand promise and vision to life through our creative expression, and execution across a number of touchpoints. You will be a key leader of the Brand Experience team helping to drive brand awareness and affinity.
What to expect
- Build & lead a best in class creative team.
- Work horizontally across Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, and Customer/Partner Teams to create a cohesive and holistic visual experience and a strong brand expression.
- Deliver creative that is authentic and warm with a high-level of finish and polish.
- Work closely across marketing to bring campaigns to life across paid and owned channels.
- Help guide the creative development for all marketing materials and brand design elements.
- Guide the creative direction from concept development to execution.
- Help oversee relationships with outside creative partners - providing clear direction and revisions from concept to production.
- Oversee production calendars, and lead capacity planning for all creative initiatives.
- Effectively articulate integrated creative plans with cross-functional partners and executive leadership.
- Help find and build working relationships with new external creative partners, as well as strengthening partnerships with current creative partners.
- Oversee creative budgets and timelines in partnership with cross-functional partners.
What do you need to be successful
- 12+ years in a hands on and/or design leadership position
- 4+ years experience leading design teams
- Experience driving design initiatives in a fast paced SaaS environment
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity in a rapid changing environment
- Ideally experience in both an in-house role and an agency
- Deep experience in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and best practices
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $211,000 - $237,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.