About the opportunity
As a cross-functional leader working closely with our Product leaders and Product Analysts, you will help us develop a better understanding of our market, customers, and business; identify, quantify, and prioritize growth opportunities; define and surface data-driven insights to guide Product investments; and assess and understand our product performance to ensure we are constantly improving and solving our customers’ most important needs.
If successful in this role, you will be seen as a valuable thought partner who helps our leaders more clearly and quickly tie product strategy to investment decisions, impact, and actions - and ultimately contribute to better products for our customers. This role is ideal for you if you are energized by identifying and solving high-impact business problems with data at a fast-growing tech company.
What to expect?
- Structure and proactively shape our understanding of our current strategic context, and own the fact base on the markets we play in, our opportunity space, target customers
- Working together with PMs and other relevant stakeholders, help lead the identification, exploration and evaluation of new business and product opportunities. Structure, build, and align product business cases to lead to investment decisions and prioritization
- Define the expected business & customer impact for new launches & product changes, and recommend improvements. Together with our Product Analysts, identify the metrics, design the dashboards, reports, and presentation of insights so that Product leaders quickly and easily understand product performance, root causes, and actions
- Playing a translation role between Product leaders and Product Analysts, help us understand overall opportunities to grow and improve the business and customer outcomes we drive with our product. Design and lead regular reporting and business review processes with Product leaders to ensure we all understand how and where our product is delivering the impact we aspire to; and structure/identify the critical business questions we need to address in order to better execute on our product strategy.
- Help our Product leaders articulate and communicate (in written and visual form) key concepts and components of our broader product strategy
- In collaboration with Product leaders, consolidate & recommend overall ProdDev investment priorities to align with our strategy
What you need to be successful?
You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analytical roles, either in a Professional Services or Investment context (e.g. management consulting, VC, investment banking, PE), or at fast-growing companies in a role spanning both business/customer insights and strategy (e.g. Corp Dev/M&A, FP&A, strategy, Product Management). You should also have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics).
- You should be able to demonstrate exceptional skills in driving from business analysis and insights to decisions and actions. This includes:
- Leading and conducting quantitative analysis in a strategic/investment context; building robust business cases, valuation models, or investment prioritization frameworks
- Partnering with senior executives to drive from questions and data to insights and action
- Developing, articulating, and implementing measurement of strategic goals and investments
- Delivering communications (verbal, written, and visual) appropriate for a C-level audience; synthesizing and adding structure to complexity to make insights and actions extremely clear
- Structuring, framing, and breaking down complex problems to make them actionable
- Working cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver valuable business results; jointly defining solutions and approaches with other leaders and teams, generating their buy-in and alignment
- Experience in SaaS and high-growth technology companies is preferred but not required.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-REMOTE #LI-SB1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.