About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced and skilled leader to lead our Communications team. This leader will work closely with the CMO and other Executive Leaders cross-functionally to develop internal and external strategic communications plans to help drive awareness and growth on a global scale.
What to expect
- Work in close collaboration with the CMO, CEO and other Executives to set high-level communications strategies for both internal and external communications plans.
- Oversee the development and execution of our organic social strategy, working in close partnership with all marketing teams.
- Identify and develop all communications materials required for strategy execution to include press pitchess, press releases, executive talking points, speaking engagements, and storyline development.
- Develop, build, and maintain strong partnerships with media partners.
- Work with senior leaders to lead and develop the internal communications strategies and employee engagement programs - inclusive of Town Halls, Coffee Chats, and other high-impact employee communications.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Brand Experience, and Growth and Performance teams to help ensure a consistent brand voice and alignment to strategic communications and PR.
- Be a thought partner to leaders and Executives in developing and driving strategic communications in support of company goals and objectives.
- Work in close partnership with Product Marketing and the Brand Experience teams to develop written materials, communications plans, FAQs, and other collateral for both internal communications and external communication programs.
- Lead and manage relationships with external communications and PR partners.
- Build and lead a team of communications and social media professionals - always leading and demonstrating Contentful core values.
What do you need to be successful
- 12+ years in strategic communications and/or public relations
- 4+ years managing and leading a team of communication professionals
- Impeccable communications skills across all mediums
- The ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
- Experience driving communications initiatives in a fast paced, high-growth SaaS environment
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity in a rapid changing environment
- Experience in both an in-house role and with a PR agency
- Experience driving communications on a global scale
- On-the-record experience with media outlets and analysts.
- Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously while driving the right prioritization for the team
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity, and rapidly changing environments
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.