About the opportunity
Contentful’s mission - to unlock the power of digital content - is supported by three pillars: Our promise to customers, our promise to employees, and our promise to the broader community. When it comes to our community promise, we are focused on two themes:
- Maximizing our “handprints” by sharing our capital, our product, and our employee time with nonprofit organizations and social enterprises. This includes Contentful’s Pledge 1% commitment, our pro-bono product program, and our employee volunteer and giving programs.
- Minimizing our “footprints” by being a good global citizen and leaving the environment around us as we found it. Today this includes things like managing our carbon footprint and other waste minimization initiatives.
The Director of Community Impact will partner with Contentful’s executive leaders to build our Community Promise strategy, scale existing social and environmental impact programs, and develop new programs. You will lead and execute initiatives that drive Contentful’s goals for environmental sustainability, ESG, philanthropy grants and donations, employee impact and more.
What to expect?
Priorities for the role will include:
- Develop strategy and programs for social and environmental impact. Work closely with executive leadership to prioritize the wide set of potential opportunities into a clear vision and focused strategy.
- Build repeatable, scalable programs that leverage our capital, product, and people time to meet our community impact objectives.
- Develop and lead our philanthropic programs that fulfill our Pledge 1% commitment, provide grants and donations to organizations, and engage employees in community and environmental impact (volunteer program, donation matching, etc.)
- Build and drive our pro-bono product program to help deserving organizations use Contentful to tell their stories and reach their audiences, in collaboration with Marketing and Product teams.
- Oversee our environmental sustainability and ESG programs to minimize Contentful’s unintended negative “footprints” in the world, collaborating with cross-functional leaders to identify, prioritize and measure progress against the right set of initiatives.
- Define and implement how we will measure and evaluate the effectiveness of our community impact initiatives, and then adapt execution based on performance and insights.
What you need to be successful?
- Experience in social impact roles or social impact sector (CSR, public sector, nonprofit), building and leading programs.
- Experience with grant making, impact investing, ESG and engaging employees in social impact.
- Experience leading programs in a global environment (especially North America and Western Europe) a plus.
- Experience applying models to define, measure, and evaluate social impact is a plus.
- Cross functional and executive influence: Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with internal cross-functional teams at all levels, as well as external partners. Proven ability to gain alignment on initiatives and drive successful execution through cross-functional project teams.
- Structured problem-solver: Ability to narrow a large set of possible opportunities and distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Business and metrics oriented: Ability to quantify and develop metrics for community impact initiatives. Ability to assess and align our business objectives and community impact objectives to drive sustained effectiveness of our community efforts over both the near and long-term.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range $200,000-$220,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.