About the opportunity
In today's digital-first world, content is the customer experience. As an individual or business, you interact through content, you differentiate using content, and you achieve your goals with content. Content is what powers every single experience throughout our day.
The User Experience team empowers builders to compose awesome content experiences through platform collaboration using a diverse range of products tailored to their needs.
Contentful is a customer-centric platform company that's passionate and opinionated about content management and delivery within digital teams and leveraging the value of content throughout the digital organization. To help us nurture our Design practice, we're seeking an experienced Staff Product Designer.
This position will co-lead strategy and vision work and stear the solution of undefined problem spaces at a product line level. It can be done from our Berlin office or remotely from Germany, Netherlands, UK, and Ireland.
What to expect?
Alongside product and engineering managers, you’ll support your product line during discovery, solutioning, delivery, and iteration. Your product line currently consists of three cross-functional product teams, 2 Sr. Designers + you.
- Partner with UX researchers and data analysts to understand the problem space
- Partner with product managers in identifying and defining the most impactful problems to solve
- Facilitate team workshops and align the team on the context of the opportunities to be ceased
- Lead design projects in your product line
- Translate strategy into a structured design process
- Guide contributions to the design system
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Pair with engineers to identify technical solutions
- Hands-on create design archetypes, e.g. customer journeys, system maps, user flows, prototypes, UX copy, etc.
- Plan and conduct user testing
- Take a proactive role in ensuring quality of output
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Pair with data engineers and PMs to interpret performance data
- Manage design debt
What you need to be successful?
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Proven ability to create alignment on cross-team product challenges
- Strong conceptual skills to design for complex scenarios
- Strong communication skills and confidence in communicating with company leadership
- Proficiency in meeting and workshop facilitation
- Experience working with design systems and strong knowledge of interaction patterns
- Experience in running user research and testing activities
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-SB1 #LI-REMOTE
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.