Are you a motivated, people-focused technical manager that is passionate about tackling big challenges? Do you enjoy hiring, and have a talent for growing people and teams? If so, read on. This opportunity at Contentful just might be for you.
About the opportunity
Contentful is a powerful content management platform built for extensibility and customization. Contentful’s Ecosystem is home to developer tools, frameworks, community apps, and integrations that expand the capabilities of Contentful. Developers can integrate their favorite third-party services, build better workflows and customize what they can do with Contentful.
Our mission in the Ecosystem group is to create the tools and frameworks developers use to build with and extend Contentful. This is an opportunity to have a big impact as we form new product development teams in the US and expand our footprint. We are only scratching the surface of our full potential. This means you have an incredible opportunity to join us on this journey to do meaningful, challenging work while growing your career.
What to expect?
- Work closely with our US-based VP, Engineering to grow our US presence
- Take on this unique opportunity to staff and lead 1-2 teams of software engineers, setting team practices and culture
- Build a team culture of innovation, collaboration, inclusivity, and respect
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and process
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Partner closely with Product Management and Design to define and deliver our strategic roadmap
- Obsess about software delivery, enabling your team to continuously deliver value to our customers
What you need to be successful?
- You have 3-5+ years of experience leading and managing teams of software engineers
- You come with an in-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to quickly establish credibility with talented engineers
- You are enthusiastic about continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product
- You embrace an iterative, discovery-driven style of software development, having delivered new products and capabilities to customers
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- You care deeply about teaching and mentoring other engineers and managers
- You would enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise across the company including Finance, Security, Sales and Customer Support
- You communicate well and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $206,000 - $216,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.