About the Opportunity
As a Customer Success Manager, you will work directly with Contentful customers to ensure they get maximum value from our platform and deliver a great customer experience. Working in partnership with our Sales and Professional Services teams, you will help our customers achieve both their technical and business goals while driving retention and growth for Contentful. You will also amplify the voice of the customer internally by driving continuous feedback into our Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience teams on ways we can better serve our customers. This role will support and partner with enterprise accounts based on the East.
What to expect?
- Continue onboarding with new customers and lead cross-functionally with sales, professional services, and launch managers to ensure value expectations are aligned and achieved from the beginning
- Understand and advise customers’ goals in using Contentful, capture and communicate KPIs and outcomes through defined path to maturity and success
- Proactively monitor and engage customers to drive increased value from Contentful’s platform
- Build and own relationships across a full book of business and embody the trusted advisor role
- Drive product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall customer health scores
- Lead effective and consistent customer Business Reviews based on defined Business Review rubric
- Proactively nurture customer accounts to identify revenue expansion opportunities and ensure successful renewals
- Translate customer insights into actionable feedback for our product and go-to-market teams and follows up on progress and collaboration with PMs
- Prioritize accounts to focus efforts based on perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value and renewal timeframe
- Prepare to travel ~25% annually for customer onsite meetings
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles such as Customer Success Associate/Manager, Technical Account Manager, Solution Engineer, or similar. Ideally, as a part of a SaaS organization
- History building alignment and relationships with both technical and business users
- Meet and exceed expectations with significant autonomy and independence
- Ability to understand Contentful APIs, as well as the modern content management and digital experience stack
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively with a high volume of competing requests
- Independence & confidence with data analysis & monitoring
- Support broader CSM team as needed through various channels
- Commitment to create, maintain and drive the path forward with a personal development plan
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.