About the opportunity
As the Global Director of Learning Services you will be a key leader within the Professional Services team, shaping our customer and partner enablement strategy to ensure the success of our customers and our training business.
You will be responsible for defining and executing training roadmaps, a content development strategy, train and (re)certify customers and partners, and collaborate with sales, marketing, and delivery organizations to grow our education business and community of Contentful practitioners, enabling them to learn and adopt the Contentful platform quickly and easily.
At this stage of Contentful’s journey, and given the potential growth of the Professional Services organization in particular, we’re looking for candidates who both have the required experience as well as a strong ‘builder ethos’. To us, this means you are willing and able to collaborate closely with other teams and departments, and you have a natural tendency to step outside of your job description - or even your comfort zone - if that’s what it takes to support your team, your peers or anyone else that’s working towards making our customers successful.
What to expect
- Build, lead, coach and mentor a global team of (two) managers, Technical Trainers, Learning Experience Designers, Curriculum Developers and Learning Services Operations Specialists
- Creating a business plan and developing delivery capabilities to meet/exceed quarterly and annual quotas for worldwide training revenue
- Managing the pipeline and forecast for worldwide training bookings and revenue
- Identifying, tracking, and reporting weekly on key business performance metrics to ensure consistent delivery of our learning services
- Deﬁning, implementing, and managing enablement and (re)certiﬁcation programs for customers, instructors and consultants (including partners), to grow the global Contentful ecosystem
- Conceiving, selling, and implementing strategic learning programs to endear our largest, most strategic customers to Contentful and secure renewals and drive ARR
- Planning, logistics and scheduling to optimize training coverage to meet ﬁnancial targets and ensure timely delivery.
- Partnering with various Contentful teams, partners, and customers in the development of training roadmaps, learning content, and training assets to ensure excellent and engaging training
- Creating processes for continuous improvement and collecting feedback from our customers, partners, and stakeholders to reﬁne learning services to best meet their needs
- Serving as a champion for innovation leveraging blended learning modalities and state of the art technologies to enhance the learner experience and drive best practices throughout the global Contentful community
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years building and leading a customer education and training business P&L at an enterprise SaaS software company
- Prior experience with managing, coaching and developing team members and first-line managers across different geographical locations, cultures and timezones
- Proven management skills to lead teams to create goals and work towards them, as well as measure the results
- Direct experience working with industry-leading LMS technologies and -platforms
- Experienced in using instructional design models and adult learning principles to create courses, curricula and certiﬁcation programs
- Strong presentation skills showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions to internal and external audiences
- Thrives in the midst of ambiguity, yet creates simplicity and clarity for the organization
- Extremely collaborative, embraces working cross-functionally. Always in team-building mode, whether across the company or within their organization
- Given Contentful’s rapid growth, adaptability to change is a key component of the role.
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.